Because I have an indescribable love for making lists and multiple easily explained reasons on why I love my job as a Sale Associate working for Under Armour, I’m going to let you guys in on a sneak peak with just my top 5 reasons.
1. Teammates. For my entire life, I’ve always remembered being on a team, whether it was soccer, field hockey, tennis, golf, lacrosse, or track. Regardless of what position you hold within the company, you are an Under Armour Teammate. It makes me feel important and, in my opinion, helps everyone, speaking from my personal experience, work together as a team. Aside from being labeled a ‘teammate’, I love all of the people I work with, as well as other Sales Associates, interns, managers, and employees who hold corporate positions. For the most part, everyone is extremely passionate about the brand and the product. This is one of Under Armour’s biggest strengths.
2. Product and Logo. To continue speaking about employees loving the product, as an employee and athlete, I also love Under Armour’s product. Honestly, I could go on for days explaining what I love about each individual product that UA offers, including sizes, colors, making outfits and so on. To save you the time, I hope you get the picture. I also own so much of UA’s product that I’m usually found dressed head to toe (literally – headbands, shirts, sweatshirts or jackets, sports bras, underwear, spandex, shorts, leggings or pants, socks and sneakers) solely because it is the only brand of workout clothes that I own. Of course I do still own and wear some clothes produced by Nike, C9 by Target and a few others, as well as the clothes issued to me as a member of the W&M FH team, however the likelihood of wearing something from UA is incredibly high. I have also found that it is extremely easily to market and sell UA gear to customers when you are in love with it! Under Armour’s logo is also arguably one of the coolest logos; it’s easily distinguished and literally contains (very sneakily) the initials ‘UA’.
3. Baltimore Based. It means a lot to me that Under Armour is based out of Baltimore, Maryland. Every now and again we’ll get some cool shirts with something locally themed printed on it, like Mr. Boh, the Maryland flag pattern, a crab, Old Spice, or the Chesapeake Bay. These are all relatively rare and incredibly cool and sell out within the first few days after being placed out on the floor. Because I grew up so close to Baltimore, UNder Armour was almost always around and the stores and vendors are fortunately very plentiful. If you don’t already know about the story of Under Armour’s formation and Kevin Plank, who at the time was a football team captain at UMD, I highly recommend you read all about it!!
4. Beautiful Teammate Discount. Just one of the countless benefits I receive as an UA teammate is the discount. Under Armour take very good care of all of its employees by giving us a very generous discount. There isn’t much else to write about this; hopefully you all get the point.
5. UA Athletes. One of the final reasons why I love working for Under Armour is because the company has so many incredible and motivating sponsored athletes. The newest, and my favorite, are the ‘Women of Will’, including Misty Copeland, Lindsey Vonn, Sloane Stephens, Brianna Cope, Gisele Bundchen, and Kelley O’Hara. A few of my other favorite women athletes are Shauna Harrison, Alex Aust, Lindsey Torgerson and Natalie Uhling. I also suggest you check out these ladies; THEY ARE AWESOME.
I really hope all of you can love Under Armour as much as I do, and don’t forget to do your homework: check out the history of Under Armour and look up more about my favorite Women of Will!